Re: Serial VS Diagnostic interface

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com> wrote:

>> > If you can build the serial tests and they pass, you should be in good shape.
>> > Alternatively, if opening "/dev/ser0" succeeds, you're good to go.
>> >

>> opening /dev/ser0 results in an error. Now that I know it should
>> normally work, I can start to instrument a little bit to find out why
>> it doesn't work for me.
>
> The most common problem with serial devices is not enabling
> CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES. Obviously you also have to include the
> CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL package too.
>
> Note that AT91 serial devices cannot be shared between diagnostics and
> serial drivers. So if you want to continue using diagnostics on a
> particular UART, you need to disable it for the drivers.

I imagine you mean CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_<platform> instead of
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES which doesn't exist ?

When you say it is not possible to use the Diagnostic interface and
the serial drivers, is it just because of the ISR declaration ? If
this is the case, I already know how to handle it, or are you talking
about another issue ?

--
Andrew W.