Re: NAND review

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 07:55:58AM -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:
> Andrew Lunn wrote:
> >> FWIW, this is the approach taken by MTD with the BBT (Bad Block Table).
> >
> > Hi Rutger
> >
> > You seem to know the MTD code. How does MTD handle partition
> > information? Where does it get it from?
>
> It can be hard coded, come from the command line, or use the RedBoot
> FIS directory.  (any or all of this set)

You could map these into eCos like concepts:

Hard code     -> Hard coded
command line  -> Redboot cfg block parameter?
FIS Directory -> FIS Directory!

I find it interesting that Linux guys consider FIS directory usable,
which is against what Bart was saying.

Putting that point aside, it does show that Linux considers it
necessary to have multiple ways of configuring the partitions, so
maybe eCos also needs multiple ways of configuring partitions.

      Andrew