Re: STM32 USB support

Hi John,

Sorry about the delay in getting back - I got distracted by the other
thread of this discussion...

John Dallaway wrote:
> Hi Chris
>
> Great to see more USB support for eCos.
>
> Chris Holgate wrote:
>
>> OK - I've now done a bit of tidying up which I hope won't have broken
>> it!  The latest version of the package is here:
>>
>> http://www.zynaptic.com/ecos/packages/stm32-usb-20090519.epk
>
> I note that you've defined a new eCos target for "STM3210E-EVAL with
> USB". This should not be necessary.

That's there because I want the new package to be loadable against the
3.0 release using the package manager and I couldn't see a way of adding
in new hardware packages to a platform without creating a new target.

When we're all happy that the driver is up to scratch for a CVS commit
I'll modify the existing target as you suggested.

However, this raises another question for the maintainers.  I'm now
developing against 3.0 for production purposes and would rather add in
things like this USB driver as stable 3.0 packages rather than pulling a
potentially unstable CVS tree.  Is there an 'official' place where all
such additional 3.0 packages could be located?

Chris.