Re: lwip 1.3.1 testing

Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 09:43:36PM +0300, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 09:12:02AM +0200, Simon Kallweit wrote:
Hi

If anyone volunteers, I'd be glad if you could test the current state of the lwip 1.3.1 port. It has been updated with the latest changes from the 1.3.1 release. I currently left in my changes for SLIP and PPP (see my last mail for details), but this should not matter for testing. The package can be installed by just replacing the existing lwip and eth drivers packages.

http://download.westlicht.ch/lwip-20090821.tar.gz
Hi Simon,

I need a bit clarification from you. Does it mean that we should try
'lwip_eth' template only on real HW? I stub on 'left in' phrase. Did
your SLIP/PPP hack leave this tarball? Does it mean what tests of SLIP,
for example, will be useless just now?

Sorry for the late answer, have been busy. The current release does still include the SLIP/PPP hacks yes, I'll try to get at least the SLIP modifications into lwip before a proper release of my port. PPP will be mostly useless in it's current state, but it's probably better to leave it as it is in the current lwip release than having my hacks in.

Hi Simon,

Last weekend I tested a bit your lwip 1.3.1 port. Well, that was not any
stress test, just compile and run a few net tests out from the box and
pinging. Short summary the below

  Synth			  ARM-7 (LE)
+ http_simple		+ http_simple
+ http_sequential	+ http_sequntial
+ tcpecho		+ tcpecho

Very nice, for some 'stress testing' you can run nc_test_slave. You'll need the nc_test_master which can be found in packages/net/common/current/tests

External ping/arping worked for both targets. For the tests I used
configs with DHCP support.

For the followers I attach the ecos minimal configs which I used for
simple and sequential modes for synth and real hardware and a small
patch for simple.c, sequential.c. All build were started as

ecosconfig new <target> lwip_eth

The default lwip templates should probably be adapted to the new port. I'll look into that.

I had got `stack overlow' in GDB with default stack's settings on real
target when I enabled a tracing and turned off optimization, I tried
multipy stack amounts (for interrupts, tcp_thread, eth_thread) x 2, x 4,
but error did not go away.  Perhaps, I should investigate more time for
the issue, but may be in the next weekend.

That sounds interesting. I have not seen anything like that on the synth target, but stacks are at least 16k each, so it's not a good comparison. I also use lwip+ppp on a STM32, have not had any problems there either, but I don't use ethernet there.

Thanks for the port!

Thanks a lot for testing!!

Simon