Re: Gnutools: consideration for upgrade to GCC 4.6

Hi Alex

I wish to thank eCosCentric for supporting eCos GCC 4.6 release. It will both assure quality of this release and strengthen the image of eCos community toolchain.

In order to best utilize 2 lab. weeks of testing we should have well prepared binaries. In my view, it would be the best to carry out the eCosCentric lab. test as final release verification step after some field testing. In a course of field testing we shall also prepare eCos itself, (eliminate warnings, etc.).

Regarding targets, I don't have objections. However you may find interesting Freescale K70 (Cortex-M4F)
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-K70F120M&parentCode=K70&fpsp=1
mainly because of single precision FPU support. Btw hard-float library support for Cortex-M4F will be new feature in this GCC release.
I must admit that we don't have BSP yet as this is brand new chip but am working on it and expect to have it in short time.

Note: The considerations above are my personal. I would appreciate suggestions from other maintainers and developers.

We'll keep you up to date with the progress.

Regards

Ilija