Re: Cache and MMU support for PowerPC

> I've gone through the on-line information but am still
> wondering if the PowerPC version of eCos includes
> support for the MPC860's cache and MMU.  Can anyone
> save me from pouring through the code to determine if
> it does?

Not yet, here is the comment in hal_cache.h

  // FIXME:
  // The revision A.2 MPC860 might do all sorts of horrible things to
  // the cache contents in a few specific (and unlikely)
  // situations. However, as I don't feel like being bitten by these,
  // leave caches disabled at all times.

Also, the MMU needs to be enabled for the cache's to work and I don't
see code for that. It's going to be board dependent anyway. Also, once
you enable the cache there are additional issues with dealing with
the CPM to do I/O.

-- Stuart