Re: Cache and MMU support for PowerPC

Jesper Skov wrote:

> The MMU setup is truly minimal, basically marking the IO memory area
> of the Cogent board as Cache Inhibited, so generic MMU support (memory
> protection, paging, etc.) is *not* supported yet.

Yes, MMU setup is trivial for small embedded systems.  I
would imagine that making eCos cache and MMU aware
isn't though.  I take it Cygnus is working on this? By "soon"
do you mean days, weeks, months? (We're drooling here!)

I'm expecting the big thrill of having cache and MMU support
will be switching off the guard bit for code space and getting
the CPU out of serial mode. Without speculative execution
the 860 dawdles.

--
Fred Fierling                           Tel: +1 604 444-1717
Microplex Systems Ltd.                  Fax: +1 604 444-4239