Re: ecos on ARM

At 08:59 PM 11/9/98 +0000, Bart Veer wrote:

>> Can anyone comment on the plans for porting ecos to ARM7 or
>> StrongARM?
>
>All I can say at this stage is that ARM are well aware of eCos and
>have endorsed the technology. I am not able to say what this may or
>may not mean in terms of a port possibly becoming available at some
>indeterminate time in the future. Cygnus is in discussion with many
>silicon vendors about certified ports to various processors, and
>unfortunately these discussions generally involve non-disclosure
>agreements.

When you say NDA, does the NDA involve not disclosing what processors
are being worked on currently? Then if someone took the initiative to go ahead
do a port themselves, would they be wasting their time, if suddenly half way
through the porting effort, the "official" suport for that processor was
announced!?!