ECOS Re: test suites for eCos?

    Mohan> At 10:46 AM 11/10/98 -0500, Stuart Adams wrote:
    >>> Is there a test suite for testing new ports to boards and
    >>> processors?
    >>  There is an impressive amount of test support in eCos. After
    >> doing a build of the test code I count 146 different test
    >> executables for various features of eCos.
    >>
    >> Now, rather than run each of these by hand I am wondering if
    >> there is a dejagnu test harness which will load and run all the
    >> tests for me ???

    Mohan> OOps, that is what I meant, some mechanism to run different
    Mohan> test configurations! I guess it is time to whip out some
    Mohan> Perl... :)

We actually have a number of different test harnesses we use
internally for different purposes, e.g. overnight testing on lots of
different eval boards vs. manual testing by a single programmer.
Currently none of these are ready for general use. Development is
ongoing, including the ability to run the test cases directly from the
configuration tool.

I'll see what I can do about having at least one of the harnesses
released to the net.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer