[ECOS] Re: ecos on Intel CPU

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 17:37:17 GMT, Bart Veer wrote:

>eCos makes use of a number of very useful language extensions which
>are provided by gcc and g++ but not by other compilers, and there are
>no plans to support other compilers.

Can you enumerate these in the FAQ? I see two listed, priority
constructor ordering (required) and selective linking (optional).

I've been using Borland's compiler for some time in the PC 16-bit world
and in embedded system development and I know it supports a
generalization of priority constructor ordering: One can use "#pragma
startup" with a priority code to request that a function be executed
during RTL init. The RTL uses this mechanism to order initialization of
various RTL structures (heap, stdio, FPU emulator). The compiler uses
the same internal structures to implement constructor calls for static
objects.

Kenneth Porter
Kensington Laboratories, Inc.
mailto:kenneth_porter@kensingtonlabs.com