[ECOS] Problems with ecosSWtools and thumb-elf

I have been looking into using ecos and its tools for an embedded
ARM7TDMI ASIC we are doing.

I seem to be able to compile to the arm-elf target without problems,
but when I compile for the thumb-elf target, things move into an
endless loop when libgcc1 and libgcc2 is compiled.

I am compiling on a Solaris 2.6 box. config.status looks like this for
the thumb-arb target:

../ecosSWtools-arm-990321/src/configure
--with-gcc-version-trigger=/data/nova/imp/software/ecosSWtools-arm-990321/src/gcc/version.c
--host=sparc-sun-solaris2.6 --target=thumb-elf
--prefix=/local/hacks/arm --nf --norecursion

My $PATH is pruned maximally. That should not cause any problems,
especially since arm-elf seems to compile ok and provide usable code.

Two questions: Has anyone run into similar problems and been able to
solve them? I have looked at the gcc Makefiles, and they have
significant differences, but none I am competent enough to point an
accusatory finger at.

If not, could someone please throw the appropriate .a files in my
direction (libgcc1.a and libgcc2.a, I guess)? I don't have access to
any commercial tools I can compile the assembly files with since we
wanted to check the cygnus tools out before spending an enourmous
amount of money.

Geir