[ECOS] Re: MBX stubrom (was [ECOS] loader.bin sources?)

Jamie Guinan wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, Jamie Guinan wrote:
>
> > What I want to do next is make an stubrom image for the FADS 823
> > board.  I understand that the FADS is unsupported, but my client
> > (he has a Cygnus support contract) pointed me at the MBX HAL
> > for an example.  For starters, it looks like the Cogent has
> > external 16550 uarts whereas the MBX and FADS use on-chip
> > SMCs or SCCs.
> >
> > Bummer, I didn't bring home a copy of the MBX HAL code.  Any idea
> > when the MBX code will make it into public CVS?
>
> No need, I have an NT system with the official-release eCos 1.2.3
> available.
>
> I tried building the MBX stubrom, but the command you suggested
> failed as follows,
[snip]

I made a mistake - it turns out there are some differences between the MBX
and the platform I based my original answer on.

You should ensure that pkgconf/hal.h has the following "#define"s enabled:

CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
CYG_HAL_ROM_MONITOR

and the following commented out:

CYGFUN_HAL_COMMON_KERNEL_SUPPORT
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_CTRLC_SUPPORT
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_THREAD_SUPPORT

I actually tried it this time, and this should work :-).

The difference between it and the platform I was referring to before is that
the MBX ROM basically does nothing more than "load and go". If you want to
debug your application with GDB, you should enable

CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_BREAK_SUPPORT and
CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_THREAD_SUPPORT

HTH,

Jifl
--
Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...