Re: GCC: different OS targets.

>>>>> "utz" == The Utz Family <utz@serv.net> writes:

    utz> Isnt this the sort of thing that m4 is supposed to help with?

I am not sure how m4 would help here. m4 is a macro preprocessor. It
is more powerful than the standard C preprocessor cpp, but it is not
clear to me how to exploit that. Even if you converted some bits of
gcc to use m4 rather than cpp as the preprocessor, you would still be
making decisions at the time that gcc gets built rather than when gcc
gets run. Also, complicating gcc builds further by adding a dependency
on another tool is a bad idea.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer