Re: Transceiver required for SMC2 on MPC821?

Thanks to all (on and off the list) for helping out with
my SMC2 issues.  I wired up a little riser card with a
MAX232 transceiver and the required 1uF caps, and
from the hardware side it looks good now.  I can redirect
the EPPCBug console to SMC2 with "ta 1", that works fine,
and the Tx/RX leds on my inline RS-232 tester are a nice
healthy green instead of a dim red.

Now for an eCos-related question: is anyone successfully
using SMC2 on an MBX using the "/dev/ser2" interface?

I've had mixed results.

a) With the following, all the cyg_io_* calls work fine, but
nothing comes out SMC2.  I stepped into serial_write()
a little, and it seemed to be calling HAL_DIAG_WRITE_CHAR()
which seemed a bit odd.

pkgconf/infra.h:     #define  CYGDBG_INFRA_DIAG_USE_DEVICE
pkgconf/io_serial.h: #define CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_POWERPC_QUICC_SMC
pkgconf/io_serial.h: #define  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_POWERPC_QUICC_SMC_SMC1
pkgconf/io_serial.h: #define  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_POWERPC_QUICC_SMC_SMC2

b) With these settings, I got one string out SMC2 before the
assertion at hal_inter.c:212 tripped with "Interrupt not handled".

pkgconf/infra.h:     #undef  CYGDBG_INFRA_DIAG_USE_DEVICE
pkgconf/io_serial.h: #define CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_POWERPC_QUICC_SMC
pkgconf/io_serial.h: #undef  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_POWERPC_QUICC_SMC_SMC1
pkgconf/io_serial.h: #define  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_POWERPC_QUICC_SMC_SMC2

I'll send a bug report to Cygnus, but I wanted to see if anyone
else had this working first.

Here are the URLs for the sample app and Makefile.
The printf's come out on the gdb console.

http://www.bluebutton.com/ecos-discuss/Makefile
http://www.bluebutton.com/ecos-discuss/serialtest.c

-Jamie