Re: load monitoring (on an ARM)

Thanks Andrew for the cpuload code!  It seems to work quite
nicely.

However, one pitfall of using idle_thread_loops as the indicator
of CPU load is that the code in HAL_IDLE_THREAD_ACTION can
interfere.  For example, in my case I need to use
HAL_IDLE_THREAD_ACTION to actually put the processor into its
idle mode (to conserve energy).  This invalidates the implicit
assumption that each pass through the body of the idle loop
corresponds to roughly the same amount of time.  So in this case
the idle_thread_loops counter is not as useful as an indicator of
CPU idle time.

Can anyone suggest a workaround, or think of an alternative
implementation for load monitoring for cases like mine?

Thanks,
Travis

andrew.lunn@ascom.ch said:
> This is not as clean as it should be but ....
>
>         Andrew

.
.
.