Re: ecos port to ATMEL M40400 and variants

    Bernd> Dear community,
    Bernd> in the next days ikendi will start an 'ecos' port to the
    Bernd> ATMEL M40400 controller, to be precise the R40807 variant.
    Bernd> It is an ARM7TDMI based machine, so only the I/O is
    Bernd> different from existing ports. o is there already ongoing
    Bernd> work on this controller? If so, please send me a
    Bernd> notification o is there is any interest in this controller?
    Bernd> We would like to share the workload

    Bernd> There is a fairly cheap development platform, the AT91EB01
    Bernd> board, available at any ATMEL distributor. We are using our
    Bernd> own development board, but we will make sure that our port
    Bernd> runs on the AT91EB01.

    Bernd> On the long term we are interested in finding a maintainer
    Bernd> of the port. We will of course contribute our porting
    Bernd> effort when we feel it is mature enough.

Cool. Red Hat is not currently planning a port to this controller or
this board, so a contributed port would be welcome. I would recommend
starting from the anonymous CVS source base rather than the 1.2.1
release, see http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/anoncvs.html for
details. Also, it might be an idea to check the "Contributing" section
of the FAQ, see http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/faq.html, especially
the section on copyright assignments.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer