Re: Announcing the eCos 1.3.1 net developers release

Rosimildo daSilva wrote:

> I am browsing the documentation right now, and I do not see
> any mention to the version of NEWLIB used. Can I assume
> 1.8.2 and no patches ?

There is no mention because newlib is not required! If you follow the
documentation on sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos you will see that at no point do
you need to download newlib.

One thing that may be confusing you is that in the instructions it says to
configure with "--with-newlib". This is a misnomer in gcc's configuration -
it would be better described as "--with-external-libc" which fits the
description of eCos as well. But for now, it is called --with-newlib, so
that's what you must use.

Hope this helps clarify things,

Jifl