Re: ecos configuration?

>>>>> "Grant" == Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> writes:

Grant> On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 10:35:32PM +0300,
Grant> timie@students.cc.tut.fi wrote:
>> Anyway, it seems to me; there is no graphical configuration tool
>> for ecos under Linux/Unix with X11 ?:-)
>>
>> I suppose that could be the next helpfull add-on; There is even
>> some good aid for implementing such one with tk, like xforms? - So
>> the effort is not enormous amount of source writing from scratch?

Grant> I'm speaking only for myself: I'm quite content with the
Grant> command line ecosconfig and editing the ecos.ecc file.  But,
Grant> people who migrate from Windows would probably appreciate
Grant> having the same tool available.

Well, the CDL library is GPL'd and is really the guts of this
thing. It handles just about everything, except putting it all in a
nice GUI - and with good reason; it implements the required
functionality to configure an eCos system - clients of this library
may provide a suitable interfaces for humans (think ecosconfig (CLI)
or configtool (Windows GUI)).

Everyone's free to make a GUI for eCos configuration on Linux (or
FreeBSD, UN*X flavor of the day, OS/2, Amiga DOS, or even M$ Windows).

Jesper