Re: Two questions about testing.

Jonathan> Sergei Organov wrote:
>>  Well, I've implemented FPU support in the PowerPC HAL (using MIPS
>> FPU support as template). Now I'd like to test it.
>>
>> 1. Are there any tests that will likely to fail if something is
>> broken in the HAL FPU? How do you test MIPS FPU support?

Jonathan> Math library tests? Some stdio tests also use
Jonathan> floating-point.

Jonathan> If you wanted to write and contribute some new tests,
Jonathan> naturally we'd be grateful :-).

That would be nice. Specifically, with FPU support we'd want to test
that nothing breaks if multiple threads are sharing the FPU.  Most of
the libm tests only use a single thread, so they wouldn't be exercise
the HAL FPU context switch code very well.

Jesper