Re: help me,the same error in gcc patch.

> xuas wrote:
>
> we use a computer with an oprating sysytem of redhat6.1 and we download
> all the reqired files from the http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/,but
> when we followed the instruction of installation ,a question come
> out,that is ,when  building the tools,after we have extract the sources
> for each tool directory in turn and apply a small number of source
> patches that are required to fix outstanding problems and add eCos
> support to the tools,then Download the  ecos-net-gcc-2.95.2-patchset
> patch to a file and be about to patch the files using the command patch
> -p0 < ecos-net-gcc-2.95.2-patchset ,errors occur and it say that Hunks
> failed (for example:Hunk #56 failed at 8596 etc ),but I do not know how
> to do next ,could you please spend your precious time to answer me
> ,thanks a lot .please answer the address :xuas@csrd.org.
> thanks

This should definitely not happen - the patch definitely applies against
gcc 2.95.2. Are you sure you are using gcc 2.95.2 sources?

Are you sure you saved the file to disk, rather than cut-and-pasting?

Try patch -l -p0 and see if that is any better. You'll probably need to
unpack fresh sources again first.

Jifl