Re: _sysv_signal, _setjmp & stdout

Arvind wrote:

> I am using a third-party library which is required to be linked with the C
> standard library. But we are trying to use it with eCos, and we are facing
> linker problems. The library is looking for the following symbols
> __sysv_signal
> _setjmp
> stdout
>
> These symbols dont seem to be exported by eCos, but there seem to be
> equivalent symbols
> __signal
> hal_setjmp
> cyg_libc_stdio_stdout
>
> Can these be used as a substitute for the above symbols ?

Um, this library should have been using the standard eCos header files when
it was being built. If it wasn't (at a guess, it was given to you in binary
form), then it is certainly somewhat risky to use binaries compiled for a
different OS.

But if you do want to give it a go, then yes - they *should* map on. But I
foresee all sorts of problems :-/.

Jifl