Re: Help setting up Ecos/Cygwin

Jerry Beckmann wrote:

> --- Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.co.uk> wrote:
> > Jerry Beckmann wrote:
> > > "bash: /src/binutils/binutils-000509/configure: No
> > > such file or directory". I have mounted /tmp to
> > > e:/cygwin/tmp in text mode and left the other
> > mounted
> > > points as they were. I have gone through numerous
> > help
> > > files and can only find that I need to make sure
> > that
> > > I have mounted my /tmp directory, which I have.
> >
> > It sounds like /bin is not mounted. Are you using
> > cygwin 1.1? Did you have
> > an old cygwin installation before that?
> >
> > For now, the easiest workaround is something of the
> > form:
> >
> > mount 'c:\cygwin\bin' /bin
>
> This is a first time installation, and I am using
> cygwin 1.1.0. When I type mount I get the following
> e:\cygwin\src    /src   user binmode
> e:\cygwin\tmp    /tmp   user textmode
> e:\cygwin\bin    /bin   user binmode
> e:\cygwin\lib    /lib   user binmode
> e:\cygwin        /      user binmode
>
> When I try umount /bin and then remount using mount
> e:/cygwin/bin /bin, I am unable to use any commands at
> all.

Hmm... it looks like my initial diagnosis was wrong. To get the old mounts
back as they were, use a dos box and cd into e:\cygwin\bin. Now type:

mount -b c:\cygwin\bin /bin

After that's back, go back into cygwin and do:

ls -l /bin/sh
/bin/sh

You should simply get something like the following output:

bash-2.03$ ls -l /bin/sh
-rwxr-xr-x   1 jlarmour Administ    66560 Jan 18 02:17 /bin/sh
bash-2.03$ /bin/sh
$

Give it a go, and let us know what happens.

Jifl