Re: Cygwin and eCos Setup

"amassa@cts.com" wrote:

> I know I have asked this question before.
>
> I tried to run the setup for Cygwin and placed the files in d:\cygwin.  Then
> I setup eCos and it installed in the d:\program files\red hat\ecos
> directory.  Now trying to run the PowerPC setup, it has d:\cygwin mounted as
> /.  When I tried to follow the instructions for the PowerPC development, it
> starts installing \src and \tools under d:\cygwin.  I don't know if this is
> fine, but in the installation instructions it says to install in d:\tools,
> etc.

I believe the instructions just say to install in /tools. You don't need to
worry about the fact that that is actually d:\cygwin\tools. The
instructions should not say "d:\tools" anywhere - please tell me if they do
since that would be a mistake!

> I was curious what the directory structure should be (or is best) used for
> Cygwin and eCos.

If you follow the instructions, what you should end up with is fine.

>  I am trying to follow the installation instructions from
> the web site, however, they are a little lacking for the Cygwin
> installation.  Also, with this, I need to know the proper mount calls to
> make.

The configuration tool should automatically create the mounts it needs, but
if you want to be sure, you could type the following at the bash prompt:

mount -f 'c:\' /c
mount -f 'd:\' /d

Jifl