Re: eCos with Multi-ICE

    Kenichi> Hello,
    Kenichi> I'm evaluating eCos 1.3.1 for PID7T (processor is ARM7TDMI).
    Kenichi> For debugging, I want to use Multi-ICE and I need two (both)
    Kenichi> serial port for my application.

    Kenichi> Then, my questions are:

    Kenichi> 1. Can I use both serial port for the application with
    Kenichi> multi-ice-gdb-server?

    Kenichi> 2. Can I use ARM's debugger (ADW or AXD) for debugging?
    Kenichi> It seems that there's difference between gcc's DWARF2 and
    Kenichi> ARM's (in ADS perhaps Metrowerks') DWARF2.
    Kenichi> Is it recognized problem?
    Kenichi> I'm using gcc 2.95.2 with ecos-net-patch and configure
    Kenichi> option is --with-dwarf2.

There was some discussion of this in
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2000-05/msg00027.html
and related messages.

    Kenichi> 3. Have anyone successed to compile eCos with ARM SDT?
    Kenichi> Do I have to port some modules?

There was a hint of this a couple of days ago,
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2000-05/msg00144.html
and the subsequent follow-ups.

However, please see:
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/faq.html#porting_compiler
Even if it possible to work around some of the portability issues with
the current ARM SDT and the current eCos sources, future eCos
enhancements may introduce additional dependencies on the GNU tools.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer