Re: New Release

"amassa@cts.com" wrote:

> When I send email to ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com it always bounces
> back saying that it is not allowing my message to go through because it is
> trying to cut down on spam.  Do you know why this is happening.

That probably means that your site, or your ISPs site, are associated with
spam. Please read http://sourceware.cygnus.com/lists.html#orbs-sucks

> I have been having a tough time with the cygwin 1.1.1 release.  I tried to
> build eCos using the configuration tool, however, I get makefile errors.  Do
> you know what this could be?

Not if you don't say what the problems are! There is a bug in the current
eCos configuration tool where it does not mount the drives in text mode
correctly. To work around this, type in the following at a cygwin bash
prompt:

mount c:/ /c

You should do something similar for each drive (d: e: etc.) which is used
for eCos development, e.g.

mount d:/ /d

and so on.

> I saw in a previous post that a new release of cygwin (1.1.2) is coming out
> and I also see that there is a new insight (5.0) release.  Is is best to
> re-install everything cygwin, binutils, gcc and insight?

You should not need to reinstall cygwin when the upgrade comes out -
instead run "setup -u" and install from the internet which will upgrade
only those bits that need upgrading. Insight 5.0 is unlikely to give you
much benefit over the one you are using, if you only just installed a
recent snapshot. It is unlikely to be worth it, but obviously you can if
you want - there's nothing stopping you!

Jifl