Re: Problem when make gcc cross compiler for MIPS platform

> That doesn't look right at all. I believe this is a registry problem, but
> it's not easy to fix.
>
> Perhaps start right over. Uninstall cygwin again (making sure it is
> completely again). Now run regedit from Start->Run. Go to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions and delete the two entries to
> do with Cygwin entirely ("cygwin" and "cygwin.dll setup"). Do this by
> selecting each of them in turn and going to Edit->Delete.
>
> Next go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions and do the same.
>
> Now install Cygwin 1.1.1 (or later). I noticed that you said you were
> installing cygwin b20.1 - do not install this version. Go to
> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin and install cygwin 1.1.1 or later.
>
> Jifl

Hi, Jifl,

I delete all the registry information on cygwin, and run the setup.exe
provided by the snapshot of cygwin1.1.1 website. It is pretty quick since I
have downloaded all the necessary elements into an empty directory.
Unfornately, the problem is still there. And this time, the programm doesn't
add a item in the Start Menu like the cygwinB20 full.exe did. But I checked
with the registry, it does add som Cygnus Solution entries.

I remembered that I ever met the problem before when I tried to use the
newest version, at least it ends up with the problem shown above, I have to
reinstall from full.exe provided by CygwinB20 to get a work version Cygwin.

I can not see it is a registry problem. Any other smooth method to upgrade
the cygwin?

Best Regards,
-Ling