Re: IMPORTANT ! for problem with GCC and INSIGHT build under CYGWIN !!!

> Charles-Henri wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> for all users that want to build GCC and GDB under CYGWIN and an error
> occur with cygwin.dll version 1.1.1 or 1.1.2,
> I have a good news, I have found that is the "patch" command that
> transform output files in text mode with an \r in end
> of line, then the command "tr -d '\r' ecos-gcc-2952.pat ¦ patch -p0"
> create output file that make problem with make
> command.

I have verified on my cygwin 1.1.2 system that there are no problems
applying patches. I even did a fresh reinstall just to be sure.

The only situation I can imagine could cause problems would be if you
applied the patch using a textmode mount point, but then built via a
binmode mount point. But I tried that too, and that works!

So are you sure there isn't some other problem with your setup? If you (or
other people - anyone?) are having genuine problems here, help me find out
what the difference is between your setup and mine.

Jifl