RE: tcp/ip: address family not supported

On 22-Jun-00 Rene.Affourtit@pemstar.nl wrote:

> Here is the .ecc file,
>
> The error is generated in the init_net function,  (file bootp_support,c
> line 352).
> when I look in the  ifr struct I see adress family =2
> adress data look strange to me { 0,0,0xC6,0xA8,1,2,0,0,0,...} should those
> first tow zeroes be there?
>

> (See attached file: net_manual.ecc)

Looking closely at this I see that you are using tools other than the standard
GCC/BINUTILS tools that we use/provide.  This puts you in very murky waters.
Especially with the networking code, I could see potential problems with different
compilers, how they pack structures, etc.  Also there are many features that
we use in eCos that are [AFAIK] only supported by GCC+GNU/BINUTILS.

Have you tried this with the tools we use?

I built a network configuration with fixed IP addresses for the EDB7211 and
it works just fine.