dependancies on libextras.a extras.o

Hi Folks

It seems that the tests have a dependancy on libextras.a. Now the
tests don't link with libextras.a, they link with extras.o.

I've been using one of the build trees clever facilities. If you put a
copy of a source file into the work tree it will compile that instead
of the one in the repository. I've been playing with an ethernet
device driver. When this is compiled its put into libextras.a. To save
some build time i've being running the make from a couple of levels
down in the work tree, so it only looks at the sources i've changed. I
type make and then make test and as expected it relinks the test
programs. After a lot of head scratching and disassembling object
files, libraries and applications i figured out i was missing
something obvious. When you make from the root of the work tree it
runs the linker on libextras.a to make extras.o. I was missing this
stage when making in the subtree so the tests were linking with the
old object code! Arrg.

Please can you remove the dependancy on libextras.a. If anybody else
makes the same mistake in the future its will be a lot more obvious
whats going on when the tests are not relinked because what the realy
depend on has not changed.

        Thanks
                Andrew