Re: GCC and INSIGHT, snapshots

jens.ohlund@secrc.abb.se wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Hummm. I just followed the instructions on the eCos homepage.
>
> Binutils, the latest 2.10 release. Unpack and build, no probs.
> egcs, I just picked a daily build. Can't remember which one. Anyone is of interest.
> Same goes about Insight.
>
> I applied the patches from the homepage, ecos-gcc.2.95.2.pat and insight-5.0.pat.
> It whined when I applied the pacthes.

Ahhh... you are using snapshots for a target where we haven't recommended
snapshots. I assumed it was one of the targets we do. Okay, that's
different - the patches are for the releases given in their name (not very
surprisingly), not for the snapshots.

For the specific case of the arm-elf target you don't need any gcc or gdb
patches. You've got the answer you wanted - sorry it took so long :-).

Jifl