Re: connect() to machine outside local network

> The function build_bootp_record() is not exported either.
>
> It is now. ;-)

Please make it a weak symbol, so it does not clash with mine :-)

> So, if you're not using init_all_network_interfaces(), then your code must
> do all the work, including calling init_loopback_interface() if you want
> one.  Ah, but init_loopback_interface() is not exported, that's what you
> mean.  OK, I'll do that too.  It's exported.

The problem is keeping track of whats in
init_all_network_interfaces().  When you add ppp or some other type of
interface you are likly to add init_ppp_interface() to this
function. I then need to change my function etc.

What i think would be better is to change
init_all_network_interfaces() so that it actually does
init_all_uninitialised_network_interfaces(). ie i setup none/any/all
interfaces the way i want them and then i call
init_all_network_interfaces(), which initialises any i've not. Before
loopback was added this would work, but not now. If i initialise the
loopback device(s) in my own special say and then call
init_all_network_interfaces() to bring up the ethernets etc, it will
try to initialise the loopback interfaces again.

        Andrew