Re: PC boot image for 720k FDD

Thank you all very much for the advises! My problem was solved by changing 	"sectorsPerTrack = 9 /*18*/"  in "../hal/i386/pc/<version>/include/platform.inc".

The need for 720K FDD support is due to I am using Japanese PC (Toshiba Dynabook 386/20 J-3100) that has 1.2M FDD. This FDD, however, can also read 720K floppies that can be easily produced on majority of available PCs.

Thanks a lot again!

Vlastimil

On Tue, 18 July 2000, Bart Veer wrote:

>     Vlastimil> Is there any way to make PC boot image for 720kB FDD.
>     Vlastimil> The current floppy disk boot code "gdb_module.bin"
>     Vlastimil> seems to be hard-coded only for 1.44M floppies.
>
> I suspect that none of the developers of the i386 PC support had
> access to a machine that still used a 720K floppy drive.
>
> After a very quick glance through the source code, it looks like
> most/all of the relevant code lives in the hal_cpu_init macro in
> hal/i386/pc/<version>/include/platform.inc. To add support for 720K
> floppies you would want to add a configuration option, and then modify
> this initialization macro to cope with different types of floppy
> drive.
>
> Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer

$1 million in prizes! 20 daily instant winners.
AltaVista Rewards: Click here to win!
http://shopping.altavista.com/e.sdc?e=3