Re: GDB ARM simulator.

Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any support to run eCos in the arm-elf-gdb built-in ARM simulator?
>
> I mean, I saw there was templates for other arch simultors, but not for ARM
> I build the default eCos with the ARM PID templates and a simple Hello World
> program, it seem to works fine in the debugger except it is stuck in an
> endless loop trying and failing to initialize the Serial Port.

There is no support at present. But I believe it would be fairly simple to
port - it's just no-one has ever paid us to. The only significant part of a
simulator port obviously is the I/O interface - the ARM simulator (an old
version of the ARMulator if I remember right) uses Angel SWIs to do all
this stuff.

Jifl