i386 pc target device driver

Hi, all:

        I want to add some device drivers to the i386 pc target, here I
want to make sure about some problems, thanks!
        First, can I use bios interrupt?  In i386 code platform.inc I find
that int13 is used to get the size of ram. While when I use int16 to get
the data of keyboard, I meet the SIGSENV, segmention error. I try this
both in the vectros.S and my application, the same result.
        Second, I find I can set break point in some places, such as
cyg_hal_invoke_constructors. And the a document in hal/i386/pc directory
also indicates some incompleteness of i386 pc code. Can some one tell me
whether this incompleteness will affect the debug of my program?
        Last, when we add a device driver,
do we necessary add a new package,  or just add a single file to any
directoy and let it compile to libextros.o?  I tried the former method in
vrc4373, and the driver init function  is called during the system init,
while this
time, I use the  second method, my device init function is not called at
all.
       Can some one give me any idea about these problems? Many thanks!