Re: Adding Hardware packages

Fabrice Gautier <Fabrice_Gautier@sdesigns.com> writes:

> > Not by Red Hat - there was a lot of demand for the PC target
> > and Patrick did a great job by doing the initial port, but
> > alas no-one  appears to be developing it more (or paying for
> > it to be developed more either!).
>
> Too bad :-)
>
> The reason may be because i386 is not the final target, but rather a
> developement target.

However, it should not be very hard to get this support working
yourself. Most of the PCI support is target-independent, all you need
to do it to write the HAL_PCI_* macros to access the physical
hardware. My recollection of this is that the config space is accessed
via a pair of IO ports and the memory aperture is at a fixed
location. You'll need to find some docs on this to be sure, though.

--
Nick Garnett, eCos Kernel Architect
Red Hat, Cambridge, UK