newlib

Bart Veer wrote:

>     Rafael>   Which was the reference to the newlib documentation?
>
> I am not quite sure what you are after. eCos does not use newlib for
> its C library. It has its own C library implementation.
>
> If you do want details of newlib, see http://sources.redhat.com/newlib/
>
> Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer

   I'm portting eCos to a system based on an ARM but I'm a little confused (I
suppose it is because of lack of experience in these kind of works, I'm a HW
designer, not SW).
   I don't know if it is normal that gdb can't insert breakpoints through my
embeddedICE (I can stop programs, but I can't breakpoint them), so before
starting with the gdb stub I have decided to compile some code that writes in the
display so I can get some initial debugability. I supposed that the best I could
do is to program the routine with a "more standard" library like newlib. Perhaps
I'm going in the wrong direction, but as I said before this is my first software
work without Linux or Windows under my programs.

   When I finish the port I'll be able to write a very interesting guide for
total newbies. ;)

--
Rafael Rodríguez Velilla        rrv@tid.es
Telefónica I+D          http://www.tid.es