How to implement block device drivers?

I'm trying to implement IDE disk driver for eCOS(i386).
It seem that some samples in the eCOS package are character device driver.
I read documents and I guess the driver interface on eCOS is for character
device only.
Is this right? Is there any information for block device drivers?

P.S.
I've succeeded to boot up eCOS(i386) from GNU GRUB.
I think I'll contribute you within a few month.

--
Masaki Muranaka
Sennet, Inc.