Re: Patchs...

    Fabrice> I have done some modifications to eCos (based on the eCos
    Fabrice> in CVS) that I would be happy to contibute.

    Fabrice> What is the best format for the patch ? Does the output of something like:
    Fabrice> $ cvs diff -q -c
    Fabrice> is enough ?

    Fabrice> The patchs I should send would include:

    Fabrice> 1/ PCI support for i386-PC :
    Fabrice> For this one I have modified the implementation of
    Fabrice> HAL_READ_xxx and HAL_WRITE_xxx macros for i386. I also
    Fabrice> modified the implementation of pc_inb & co (which are
    Fabrice> used in the macros) The reason is that I had debugging
    Fabrice> problem with the former implementationin vector.S (There
    Fabrice> are now inlined in plf_misc.h).

    Fabrice> 2/ Support for serial debug at high speed. This include
    Fabrice> some modification of the CDL script, adding a new config
    Fabrice> option for the debug serial speed This are 386 specific
    Fabrice> changes - They should be handled in a more generic way
    Fabrice> (in the serial package for example) but I did it in the
    Fabrice> simplest way (this mean with code duplication of already
    Fabrice> duplicated code in th ARM PID package).

    Fabrice> These are not big changes but useful ones I think. (And
    Fabrice> may be ugly ones, but they work... at least for me) This
    Fabrice> would be really soon if someone tell what is the best way
    Fabrice> to do it.

Small changes, up to 10 lines or so of code, can be sent to either
ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com or ecos-maintainers@redhat.com.
"cvs diff -c <filename>" relative to the current anoncvs sources is
fine. Separate messages for independent patches is preferred, that
tends to be less confusing. Sending to ecos-discuss means that more
people get a chance to comment/criticize.

Larger changes should be sent to ecos-maintainers@redhat.com, but may
need a copyright assignment. See
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/faq.html#contrib_assign for details.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer