Re: asynchronous break stability on i386

Hi,
I indeed fixed the problem (on my board anyway, I haven't tried the i386-pc
target).  After a breakpoint is hit, the instruction pionter points to the
memory location right after the one byte int 3 instruction.  Int 3 is then
removed and the original instruction put back, but eip is never corrected.
As it turns out, this is architecture related (whether or not the processor
corrects ip). There is even a macro in the common hal that deals with it:
HAL_STUB_PLATFORM_STUBS_FIXUP in the function handle_exception_cleanup
(hal_stub.c). So I implemented this macro to simply decrement eip.

Some remarks though:
- I didn't start looking for this kind of bug because sometimes the Ctrl-C
approach did work. It can happen if int 3 replaced another one byte
instruction that is simply skipped.
- setting a breakpoint from gdb works fine, so eip should not be decremented
then
- this could all be i386ex specific, it may not be happening on the regular
i386.

Here is what I came up with. Note that it is an ugly hack: the interrupt
code sets hal_pc_break_pc to the correct eip value. If the current eip is
exactly one bigger, I assume the breakpoint was set from the interrupt
routine, and correct it. You may not like this code:)

extern CYG_ADDRWORD hal_pc_break_pc;
#define HAL_STUB_PLATFORM_STUBS_FIXUP()    \
    if ((int) hal_pc_break_pc == get_register(PC) - 1       \
          put_register(PC, hal_pc_break_pc);                      \
    }

dh