Re: make a program run at powerup on CL_PS7111 board with

    <snip>

    Vu> How to link my application to eCos is the part that I'm stuck.

    Vu> 1) Does eCos Configuration Tools (ECTs) have some options that
    Vu> I can set and link my program?

    Vu> If it does, could you please let me know? I did set Startup
    Vu> type* to ROM for building a standalone application, but I
    Vu> don't know how this is linked to my application.

    Vu> 2) Or, is it true that I can't use the ECTs to link eCos with
    Vu> my application?

    Vu>    - what are steps for linking an application to eCos?

    Vu>    - or please refer me some documents that could help me on
    Vu> this. (I read user's guide, ref, and started guide, but I
    Vu> still has no clue on this)

The configuration tools do not constitute an IDE. They exist only to
configure and build eCos itself, generating (primarily) a library
libtarget.a which you then need to link with your application. You can
use whatever development environment you want to for building the
application itself.

All this information is in the Getting Started Guide, which is part of
the installation or can be read online at
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tutorials/arm/ecos-tutorial.2.html

You probably want to read the whole thing to understand how it all
fits together. Details of how to develop applications are in the
Programming Tutorial part of that guide,
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/tutorials/arm/ecos-tutorial.10.html

"The remaining chapters of this document compromise a simple tutorial
for configuring and building eCos, building and running eCos tests,
and finally building three stand-alone example programs which use the
eCos API to perform some simple tasks."

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer