Re: Several questions on the newest CVS release.

Ling Su wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I checked out the newest CVS repository since I found a lot of improvement
> on the new version I want to take a try. I am using a NECvrc4373 board and a
> PC target here, so I want to know the exact differences for these two
> platforms compared to previous 1.3.1 formal release.

Look at the ChangeLogs for the packages you are concerned with. Or use "cvs
diff".

> Following are the
> questions and problems I met during these two days, hope someone could shed
> some light and I will be grateful.
>
> <1>. For RedBoot, does it support NECvrc4373 or PC target now?

Not yet.

> <2>. I am using PCI bus on the NECvrc4373, and I met a SIGBUS error during
> the configuration phase in 1.3.1 release, and I post a message, but nobody
> answered me. This time, I found I cannot apply PCI library in NECvrc4373
> template or PC target template, it also popup a dialog box to let me choose
> another template. I found supposelly the PCI bus should be supported on
> NECvrc4373 board for eCos, is that correct. At least it is support in 1.3.1,
> although it doesn't work properly on my board.

It works for me with the anon CVS sources. Did you remember to update your
host tools? If not, visit http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html for
details.

Jifl