Re: Re: eCos PCI problem and NEC vrc4373 build option.

Alfredo Knecht wrote:
> pardon me if I somehow felt
> sympathetic with Struggling Ling Su when he got an answer which I perceived
> as "gotcha - send me the money first!".

I feel sympathetic too. Poor Ling has been suffering with problems for
quite some time, and I've already spent more time helping than by rights I
should!

> BTW, out of curiosity, how is the mechanism
>
> >almost exactly the same as the public ones. The only differences are for
> >confidential information, ports for specific customers and unfinished code.
>
> implemented? with CVS?

That's most of it. The mechanism is no great surprise, so it's not much of
a secret really. We have an internal CVS repository where anything
confidential is marked. A script filters out that stuff, creates a new
source tree, and then diffs that against the existing public repository. A
mug (me) then goes through and manually reads the diffs to check there were
no errors in the process (although some automatic keyword checking is also
done). If there aren't any, it then gets committed as-is. That's why I'm
happy to say that the sources are basically the same :-).

Yes this can be quite time-consuming :-). But it does mean our customers
can rest secure that confidentiality is assured! And it also means that we
know that the sources we are looking at, and the sources the net folks are
looking at are the same.

Jifl