Re: Problem with Linux Host configuration tools gz-archive

Boris V. Guzhov <borg@int.spb.ru> wrote in message
003d01c013fd$64e55a60$7601a8c0@borg">news:003d01c013fd$64e55a60$7601a8c0@borg...
> > Boris> Hi, I have downloaded from
> > Boris> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html the
> > Boris> ecosconfig1311-linux.gz file.
> >
> > Boris> Result of "gzip -N -d ecosconfig1311-linux.gz": gzip:
> > Boris>  ecosconfig1311-linux.gz: not in gzip format
> >
> > 5:1 you downloaded it using NetScrape which decompresses gzipped data
> > without letting you know about it. Try to just execute the file.
> >
> > Jesper
>
> Thanks.  Now I shall use a MS Internet Explorer :-)

This happens with my IE5.0 too :)

it saves the file with extension .gz but actually it is uncompressed file.

If you encounter such problems, use either the unix "file" command to find
the type of file or if you know the the target is a script, you can directly
try editing the file.

Regards,
Vishal.