Re: building ROM stub for RAM image- EDB7212

Gary,

I did not want you to have to hand hold me so I am hoping there is a set of
instructions somewhere explaining what to do.

I need to:

1) Be able to build the current "RAM stub"
2) find the stub program in the build
3) modify the stub program, possibly have an overriding local copy
4) modify .ldi files to set up the MMU for full SRAM
5) do a fresh ecosconfig based on a ROM image in a new directory.
6) write a parsing program to extract code/data only (no symbols) from the
elf output file so not to occupy so many bytes.
7) have a utility to merge to new loader stub and reformatted, code/data only
version of the elf file (elf data file)

I am interested in how you may do this differently and in instructions on how
to build the "RAM stub".

I will be at the ESC so I will stop by the RedHat booth.

thanks,

Dan