Re: trying to build ecosconfig for Solaris 7

>     Deborah> I am trying to build ecosconfig for Solaris 7. I found
>     Deborah> the reasonable README in tools/src/ which I am following.
>     Deborah> This file doesn't give the relative path to the configure
>     Deborah> script, but I found one in
>     Deborah> tools/src/tools/configtool/standalone/common which I am
>     Deborah> using.
>
>     <snip>
>
> You need to build the entire host-side tree and not just ecosconfig,
> since the latter relies on various libraries such as libcdl.a. You
> should be using the configure script that is in the same directory as
> the README file. That will take care of all the required
> subdirectories in the appropriate order.

Thank you Bart, this was the trick. The README isn't that specific
about which configure script to use in the tools/src tree
(and I found several). I used tools/src/configure and the configure
worked properly the first time.

> With appropriate care it is possible to use the lower-level configure
> scripts, but those are really intended for use only by the
> maintainers. The top-level configure script is for general use.

This makes sense and explains what I was seeing.
Thanks again.

-deborah bennett