Re: Re: Problem on allocate PCI memory space...

Ling Su wrote,
> > Could you please do me a favor? As you may know, I still have trouble to
use
> > my tool chain with "-O2" option. I believe Nick's point is correct,
since
> > the RAM startup code doesn't initlize the MMU. I have tried to include
the
> > hal_mmu_init in the RAM startup code, the progrem just hang somewhere,
it is
> > not so good to initialize the TLB twice, I guess. I think to rebuild the
> > gdbstub will be a better solution, I hope I can have a optimized stub
code,
> > could you help me build me and send me a gzipped code privately? Thanks
> > lot!

Jifl Wrote,
> First it would surely be better to rebuild the stubs without -O0 just to
> see if it works. Is there any requirement for the stubs to be optimized?
Do
> they not fit otherwise?
>
> Once we _know_ you have code that works, then you can send the patches,
and
> I'll gladly build you a new stub image in return :-).

Hi, Dear Jifl,

I attached the small patch for the PCI bus access. I tested using the old
stub rom provided in eCos-1.3.1 release, now I can access my PCI card
without any problem. Basically I just add the hal_mmu_init even for RAM
startup program.

I still have trouble to build a stub rom, I guess it is due to my toolchain
problem. If I build one using "-O2" option, it simply doesn't not response,
but I am sure it is alive since I can observe its PCI access to serial port.
But it can not connect to GDB. If I build with "-O0" option, it can
connected, but the strange thing is it display a different thing when I type
"target remote /dev/ttyS0" from the original stub ROM. Even worse, I simply
complain can not find 0x8000xxxx to start the program. If you have interests
to see the problem, I can send you a detail log.

If you have some time, can you build a stub rom for me after applying the
patch, thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
-Ling

patch_pci