Freeing serial ports

Hai,

I am using Cirrus Logic's EP7211 and Jeeni Embedded ICE combination.

I want to connect 2 serial devices to the available 2 serial ports
of the board. For this I need to make both these ports free so that
they are not used for any system tasks.

The board can be configured to avoid trying to read
boot code from the first serial port whenever the board is reset. But
the problem is how do I make HALDIAG (that is used by eCos) channel not to
use any of the serial ports.

Since I am using Jeeni (which will be the interface to download
programs to the board), can I configure eCos in such a way where
the HALDIAG messages will flow through the Jeeni and then to GDB
running on the host computer? Or is it the default behaviour when
I use Jeeni as the interface?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Selva.