CR's in build tree under Cygwin?

When I configured a new build tree using the command line ecosconfig.exe
program under Cygwin, all of the text files it created had CR/LF line endings.
This caused one of the "make" commands to fail.

A quick 2-line shell script with "tr" and then a "file . -type f -exec ..."
fixed things so that it built just fine. Nothing impresses the Windows guy
looking over you shoulder like nice, cryptic "find" command, but there must
be an easier way to do this that doesn't make Win32 users' eyes roll back in
their heads.

How do others avoid the CR problem when configuring a build tree under
Cygwin?

Does the Win32 GUI config tool generate files w/o CRs in them?

Do people usually have their build trees mounted in "text" mode under Cygwin?

[I had assumed that they should be mounted in binary mode since the arm-elf
tools built more easily that way...]

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com