Re: Information about - Atmel ARM7TDMI AT91 Board

Leandro Vieira wrote:

> Hello.
>
>  I had completed building tools for i386 PC target under windows NT with
> binutils-2.10,gcc
>  2.95.2 and gdb 5.0. and had also applyed the patch ecos-gcc-2952.pat to
> gcc.
>  Everything is OK, that is, i´m able to create application and downloded it
> to that target and run it.
>
>  Now i want use new target that is Atmel ARM7TDMI AT91 Board.
>  My question is: Can i use this target and do the same thing like i have
> done with i386 PC target?
>
>  In eCos configuration tool, there is ARM development board (PID) and i
> don't know if it has any
>  relation with the target that i want to use.
>
>  In eCos documentation i saw this:
>                 eCos, CygMon and the GDB stubs all support the PID fitted
> with both ARM7T and ARM9 daughterboards,
>  and it seems to be related with the target that i have.
>
>  Can somebody tell me if it is possible build tools for this target, Atmel
> ARM7TDMI AT91 Board.
>  and how can i do it or wich document should i seek information about.

Unfortunately there is some porting effort required to run eCos on a
AT91 platform. You _can_not_ simply take the ARM-PID stuff to run on
your ARM-AT91 platform.
Fortunately - for you - I'm working on the AT91-port, but can't say how
long it takes until the code is working and stable.

Andreas Bürgel   Software Engineer
ab@genologic.de  GenoLogic GmbH, Dortmund, Germany