Trouble running ecosconfig under Linux/alpha

Well, I got the sh-elf compiler tools compiled on my Linux/alpha machine,
and now I'm trying to work with eCos-1.3.1. I configured the tools
like so:

   /usr/local/src/ecos-1.3.1/tools/src/configure  --with-tcl=/usr

and I'm compiling with:

	icarus.com % rpm -q egcs
	egcs-1.1.2-24
	icarus.com % rpm -q egcs-c++
	egcs-c++-1.1.2-24

(I'm running RedHat 6.2/alpha.)

When it compiles libcdl, I get a *lot* of warnings about use of possibly
unused variables, but the compile completes.

	ecosconfig list

works, but

	ecosconfig target sh7708

seg faults.

Before I delve into a deep debugging session with this, are there any
obvious starting points?

steve@icarus.com              But I have promises to keep,
steve@picturel.com            and lines to code before I sleep,